Reader’s Choice Awards
This is the first of what we hope will become an annual chance for Caribbean Beat readers around the world to vote for their favourites in a number of categories.
Vote for your Caribbean favourites!
How does it work?
The first step is reader nominations across 10 pre-selected categories. Nominations must be for Caribbean Airlines/Air Jamaica destinations – Antigua & Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St. Lucia, St. Maarten and Trinidad & Tobago in the Caribbean; and Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, New York, Orlando, Toronto (Canada); Caracas (Venezuela); and London (UK), which are CAL/AJ’s international gateways. Nominations for other cities or countries will be disqualified.
From there, the polls open for our readers to vote for their favourites. The winners wil be announced in Caribbean Beat magazine and our online portals.
We’ve got some great ways to promote your Caribbean pride. Whether it’s a company or experience you love, or better yet if you’re a finalist or ultimate winner, we’ve got badges you can showcase on your website, social media pages, email signatures, print publications, store windows and more! Brag to your friends, family and fans!
Check out some cool ways to do that:
- Use the Twitter hash tag for the Caribbean Beat Readers’ Choice Awards: #OneCaribbean to spread the word
- Use our web-friendly badges (see right and click on the image for full-size version) on your website, social media profile, email signature, and more!
- Use the print-friendly badges for your printed materials, storefronts, business cards, brochures, and more! Contact us for the high res versions!
What do winners receive?
Winners don’t receive a prize – just the prestige of knowing that voters across the Caribbean diaspora have ranked them as among the best in the Caribbean! They will also receive documentation certifying their win. Results will be published in the print and digital versions of Caribbean Beat. There are no monetary or material prizes. (Stay tuned for our photo competition later this year for that!)
Some legal stuff
Users must provide an email address or log in via their Caribbean Beat website accounts to nominate and/or vote. Nominations are limited to one per user. Votes are limited to one vote per award category per user per day, and any votes not originating from a Caribbean Beat domain will be rejected. When voting ends, we review all submitted data (including email addresses, user profiles, and IP addresses) to ensure the integrity of the voting process as far as possible. If users encounter any difficulties or irregularities while participating in the Readers’ Choice Awards, or have suggestions for other categories we may consider for next year, we encourage you to contact us via our website.
By submitting your entry to us, all participants are guaranteeing that:
- they agree to all the rules and regulations attached to the Readers’ Choice Awards process, and are not using any techniques to try to bypass the Readers’ Choice Awards rules
- their submission does not violate anybody’s rights, is not libellous or otherwise unlawful or misleading
- that we can use their submission in all manner and media as part of promoting the Readers’ Choice Awards
- that they understand our polls are not scientific, but a way for readers to share their opinions about their favourite products and experiences with us, Caribbean industry stakeholders, and other readers.